Monday, July 12, 2010

From San Francisco to LA


San Francisco

I remember my first impression of San Francisco was not good. The city was overcast and the buildings seemed like they were going to fall over. But, the people were all having fun. They were walking in the streets. They were running. They were biking. They were eating out in the restaurants. They were sailing . They were walking on the beach. They were going to theatre. That’s when I realized that I was having fun too. And, the City started to change.

Everywhere I went there was another opportunity to meet someone new. You could get everywhere you wanted to go by walking or taking the bus; and, San Francisco has the coolest buses. The hills were enormous and I was losing weight fast. One side of the city had the harbor with all kinds of boats. The other side of the city was entirely beach where all manner of sports were possible. When it rained it only lasted for a short time and then went away. There were restaurants everywhere from every country imaginable. The wine was straight from California and was the best in the world. There were hidden parks and people were enjoying themselves outside.

I remember touring a friend through San Francisco in December. We drove across the Golden Gate bridge and then walked back across it overlooking the City. It was a clear winter day.

Be careful about visiting San Francisco on your vacation for too long.


As my friend looked across the San Francisco Bay, he only had these words to say: “how do I move here?” He was only here for three days. I’d suggest taking at least three days to get to see the City. And, I’d say that after living here for three years you’ll do almost anything to stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment